Pages

Ads 468x60px

Labels

Blogger templates

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Twilight, Anyone?

So, for Christmas, I got a juicer. Before any of you skeptics and naysayers go all "cray-cray" (That means crazy for those 14 years and older), I did so merely to add the nutrients and vitamins of juiced fruit and veggies to my meals. I am not a veggie freak. I will never be a vegetarian. I like my meat and potatoes a little too much.

But, I digress, as a teacher, drinking juice jam-packed with fruits and veggies is a lot more realistic than eat 5-6 small meals a day. So, here is the experiment, can I replace just 1 (only 1, you anti-detoxesrs) to add a little more to my normal "all-in-moderation" fare? I'm not being radical, just trying to make healthier choices for a healthier mind, body, and soul.

I'm an elementary teacher and Mary Poppins is my role model, so I believe everything should have "an element of fun"!

First smoothie recipe I tried has been called the "Shrek Smoothie" (<---- that's fun!). Recipe? Shmecipe! No formal measurements here! Just blended a handful of spinach, half a banana, a tangerine, and some mixed frozen fruit. Nothing fancy there! (See picture at the end of post, still don't know how to move stuff around in the Blogger app..)

Next, a juicer recipe I compiled from all the YouTube videos I watched this morning.

The Twilight Twister or The Aggie Bomb (See the picture at the bottom to see why I choose this name)
1 beet
1 Granny Smith Apple
3 med carrots
1 handful of Kale (<---- I'm "branching" out!)
1 lemon
1 knob of ginger root

The beet turned everything a dark red, pretty much maroon. Which either looked like something Edward Cullen would feast on or what a die hard Aggie fan would drink. Either way, I'm cool with it. 👍

Taste: This one was VERY different. Starts out VERY tart (thanks, lemons and GS apples) and then ends on a very earthy note, like dirt-earthy. I don't know if I didn't wash the veggies thoroughly enough or if that's just what Kale tastes like. I would describe it like a sour bomb going off in your mouth and then crashing down to the ground. Sounds appetizing, right???? Well, I like it and I will make it again with a little less lemon and wash my veggies better.



1 comment:

  1. Just for the record, that sounds disgusting. But I'm glad you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Sample text

Sample Text

Sample Text